Saturday, May 16, 2009

Teacher gifts and thanks

Will someone please explain to me why we all remember our kindergarten teacher's name? Mine was Miss Hasenpusch, and I adored her. My third grade teacher -- whose name escapes me at the moment -- was responsible for encouraging me to follow my love of writing, and I adored her, too. But my music teacher was the best of all... and not just because he was my own dear dad. It may be a little odd to have your parent as your teacher (in a public school setting), but we were just fine with it. I called him Mr. Dad in school. You know, not to cross that fine line of respect vs. familiarity.

Anyway, teachers deserve great thanks heaped upon them. At Pomegranate, we have some small tokens of appreciation, including these sweet little embroidered cotton pouches which you can fill with our lavender or heart soaps. Or diamonds.

No comments: