Thursday, September 2, 2010

Euro tea towels... and the best little café curtains I didn't have to make



Tea towels are a little obsession of mine. Like totes/handbags, you can't have too many. When they're brand new, I use them on our table or island counter to set up appetizers or glassware/bar station. Once someone spills wine or googs artichoke dip on them, they go into the wash and become nice dishtowels. I like to have one good one hanging on the oven door, too.

So I was thrilled to find these lovely European tea towels for Pomegranate. They're nicely oversized, beautifully designed, and made of thick, soft cotton. They make a great hostess gift, and also can be the easiest café curtains you never made. Photo above shows our funny little table on the front porch of the shop. We store display pieces, etc. underneath it, and I hated seeing boxes and stuff piled up underneath it. So I did the French thing and attached a little café curtain. The whole thing took maybe ten minutes. Bought a cheapy tension rod and curtain clips at Shopko; folded three black & white tea towels to hit just above the floor; clipped them on the rings, and voilà – my cute curtain treatment. You could do this for a window, console table... any place that needs a little cover.

I personally love the hot pink and orange "Flores del Sol" towels, and black & white fleur tea towels (they can go very modern, especially with granite countertops), but the ones that have been a big hit are the bees, on a pale yellow background, made in Holland. You'll just have to come see them...

No comments: