Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My little obsession for holiday tables


Here's my little pet idea for a cool holiday table setting this year: mixed up, random, vintage silver candle holders all jumbled together on the table (perhaps on top of a runner or mirror tile, with some simple greens wound throughout). I'm talking about the ones everyone got (always in pairs) as wedding gifts in the 50s and 60s. Those days, you would make a very formal setting by setting matching candlesticks at each end of the table. I like to see them in all different heights, just onesies (in odd numbers), in an asymmetrical arrangement, all with the same color taper (probably white). We've been searching for them for some time, and are bringing out all our finds to fill the shelves (all sold individually, of course). You might also find them at the back of gram's linen closet, or if you're very lucky, at a thrift store. I did not manage to take a good picture, but will try to do so as we put more out. I usually don't have a lot of time during the holidays to perfect our own house (too busy at the shop), so I love having things I can throw together quickly. It's called last-minute panic decorating.

No comments: