Thursday, December 10, 2009

Favorite things {a few}


So much new merchandise rolled into Pomegranate last week (this week, too). Thought I'd try to keep up with it by posting pictures of some tempting gift ideas (one for you, one for me...). Remember, we offer free gift packaging (we have a cardinal theme going this year, very sweet), hot spiced cider and cookies to keep you warm while you shop. What fun!

On the left: gorgeous tray by Fringe Studios. Same collection: candles, little trays, vases with deer and amaryllis. The little square ones are a perfect hostess gift, good for holding candles, jewelry, soaps, chocolate truffles. On the right, a gorgeous big candle for your coffee table, mantel, kitchen island. It's called Winter Birch; all hand-poured with a landscape of twigs, leaves, bark and berries. The scent just sends me into orbit (maybe it reminds me of something from my childhood). I'm not at all fond of some of those super-scented winter candles: they should be delicious, but not cloying. If there's too much faux cinnamon, gingerbread or pumpkin scent, I run the other way. But this one I love, love, love. And it's so beautiful. Wait 'till I post a shot of its cousin, the Sweet Bay Bird candle. Mmm.

No comments: