Thursday, December 17, 2009

More retailers' anxiety dreams

Yesterday at Pomegranate was really busy [we live for days like that!]. On top of lots of customers, we had more merchandise arrive (tripping over boxes), and we were trying to finish and pack up some stuff for our own families. There was a bit of chaos, but I have to say, every single customer was so dear and patient while we wrapped up a storm and helped them with their purchases. So I have nothing to be anxious about, right?

Yet I spent the night tossing and turning, dreaming about wrapping gifts. Duh. The bad thing was, each customer wanted me to design a special card or tag for their packages. One guy wanted a kind of Asian fish collage stamp design on watermarked paper, and I actually stood there and did it for him while other customers waited. Insane! Only in my dreams. Another fellow I don't know (but who visits my dreams regularly) always falls down in the store (in the dream, thankfully), and it's always up to me to help him up. He's twice my size and I've devised ways to brace his foot and yank him up with both hands. Dude: please stop visiting my 3am dreams!

Finally, finally, I had to think about going to a happy place in my mind. Sea Ranch, Calif. Will talk about that one of these days. Thinking about it did make the stupid dreams go away, and now I'm refreshed and ready (huh?) for another day.

But don't worry – I LOVE to wrap gifts, and will do it for you happily at the store. Robert likes it too – he's well-versed in the art of the package. Just don't ask me to design an exclusive art tag for you... with five people standing in line behind you.

No comments: