Tuesday, June 10, 2008

French Flea Market assemblage

So much fun was had by all this last Saturday, at Pomegranate's first French Flea Market of the season. This was one of my favorites: we had some great vintage items and adorable, fabulous hand made pieces. Stinkin' cute! Like a little vintage market and Etsy shop combined, out in the sunshine. I took these pictures just before 10am, then was busy busy inside the shop all day. When I emerged again at around 3:30, an unbelievable amount of stuff had sold. But if you missed it, don't (as I always say) cry in your champagne, because we have two more of these scheduled for the summer: Saturday, July 19, and Saturday, August 23. There might still be a little room left for any of you intrepid collectors or crafters who might want to join us. Call, email, or leave reponse.

We also listened a lot to Marc Lavoine, whose you tube video is shown on another post. Wanted to incorporate it into this one, but because I'm a techno-dope, I did it wrong. Love his cd we're carrying: only have a few left and then it could be months before we get more (on the slow boat from France, apparently). I can only say oh la la la la la la. This last shot, in case you're wondering, is the most adorable little child's pony cart from Germany (probably about 100 years old, maybe older). You hook up the pony in front, the cart rises up on its wheels (tiny ones in the back, too), and wheee, little Helmut gets the ride of his life. In case you don't have a pony, the cart would be a wonderful decorative piece. No, I didn't buy it. Yes, I really, really wanted to. I think it's still available and I could contact the vendor if you're interested.

No comments: